Today we give thanks for many things.
Personally, I am thankful:
1. Michael. When I saw him in the Scarborough Phillips Library at SEU nine years ago and told myself that I was going to marry that cute boy, I didn't know just how self-fulfilling those words would be. I also didn't know what I was getting into, but I grateful for it nonetheless. My life would be boring otherwise!
2. Sybilla. I never knew what REAL love was until the first time she got hurt and my mama bear claws came out. She is my heart living outside my chest. She is willful, independent, clever beyond her year, and stubborn as a mule, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
3. My family. I am what I am thanks to them, and whether that's good or bad, it doesn't matter. Blood is thicker than water and no matter what drama we deal with, I love 'em anyways!
4. My friends. I have so many of them, and so many different kinds, but regardless I love them all and my life is richer for them!
5. My in laws. Everyone b*itches about their crazy in-laws, but I adore mine. Seriously. I have TWO mothers-in-law that are equally amazing that I love dearly...talk about all the luck in the world. I'm grateful for such a loving and special extended family.
6. My job. It may not pay me what I want, but my boss is great, the flexibility and benefits are fantastic and I have made some new very wonderful friends thank to it!
7. A roof over my head, food in my belly, and clothes on my back. I have the essentials in my life. Yes there are things I want very badly, but at the end of the day, I am extremely blessed to be provided with such comfortable basics.
8. The gifts and talents God has given me. I don't care if it sounds narcissistic, but what the hell. I have an amazing singing voice, an incredibly gifted and intelligent mind, and one helluva knack for baking, arts & crafts, and writing. To NOT acknowledge the gifts the Old Pawdnuh gave me would be a sin IMHO.
9. For the sun rising each day. Because each new day I face means one more chance to chase my dreams, love my family and friends, and live my life to fullest that I can!
I hope that this day finds you celebrating everything you're thankful for! I leave you to indulge your feasting fancies; the following prayer is what we say with Sybilla every night and I think it sums up everything we're thankful for:
Thank you for everything you've given us,
For two arms and two legs,
Ten fingers and ten toes,
Two eyes, two ears, a mouth and a nose.
For food in our belly and a roof over our heads,
for clothes on our backs and a nice warm bed.
For Mama and Daddy and grandparents too,
All our aunties and uncles and cousins who all love you.
We're thankful for the birds and the bees,
The flowers and trees,
the kittens and puppies.
and even the guppies.
We're thankful for this and so much more,
and we continue to pray
that you will bless us
each and every day.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
The Guerra Clan