I've actually posted this before, but I figured that a re-post wouldn't hurt, especially since pork tenderloin done right is melt in your mouth good.
1-2# of pork tenderloin
1 quart of ice cold water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
Fredricksburg Farms Pomegranate Mango Chipotle Sauce
oven safe non-stick skillet
large 2 quart lidded container
1. In a large lidded container, combine the salt, sugar, and ice water. This will become your brine. Place the pork tenderloin in the mixture and leave it there for a minimum of 45 minutes. I usually do this first thing when I get home, then go pick up the baby, run an errand or two and by the time I come home, we're ready to cook!
2. Once you're pork is done brining, preheat the oven to 425F.
3. Heat up the skillet over medium heat with a little bit of olive oil.
4. Sear the pork tenderloin on all sides for about a minute per side
5. Using the pastry brush, coat the tenderloin with the spicy fruit sauce and then pop it (skillet and all) in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. At the fifteen minute mark, pull out your meat thermometer and stick your tenderloin to check the temp. If it reads a minimum of 145F, you are good to go. If not, pop it back in for another 3-5 minutes.
7. Once you've reached the internal temperature, remove the meat from the skillet and plate it, covering loosely with foil for five minutes. DON'T TOUCH THE MEAT DURING THAT TIME!!
8. When five minutes are up, eat up!
TIPS: This recipe calls for pork TENDERLOIN. Regular loin is actually a slightly different cut of meat, so I can't guarantee the results. Get yourself a meat thermometer; a friend of mine tried this without it and it really helped make the difference with this recipe. And lastly, you can use any fruit type sauce for the glaze, the one I mentioned is our favorite flavor to use. FF has a whole line of great flavors, give them all a try and support local commerce!