Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cake
1 ¾ cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
½ cup canola oil
1 TBSP white distilled vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350F and prep your cake pans. This recipe will make one 8-9" cake (one layer) or 12 cupcakes.
- Mix together the dry ingredients into one bowl and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Measure all of the wet ingredients into one container (a two cup measuring cup works beautifully) and mix the wet ingredients to combine.
- Create a small well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ones. Using a rubber spatula, stir until everything is mixed, but don't overmix! The batter will be very thick.
- Pour the batter into your pan or cupcake tin and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.