If you're looking for something fast, tasty, and versatile, this dish is for you! I tore this out of a Cooking Light years ago and it has become one of our favorites. I usually stock the items in my pantry and then pick up or make a focaccia when we're ready to make it. This dish is vegetarian and you could probably make it vegan if you had to by subbing the feta for dairy free and you can reduce the fat by using low-fat feta cheese. Use it as an appetizer or serve it as a main dish.
1 focaccia loaf
1 jar of roasted red bell peppers, diced
1 TBSP non-pareil capers
1/2 of a red onion, diced or sliced
1 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup of tomato paste
oregano and basil to taste
3 cloves of minced garlic
1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Slice the focaccia in half like a hamburger bun.
2. Spread the tomato paste on both halves and sprinkle with oregano and basil to your liking. Top that with the garlic.
3. Add the onions and bell peppers, then top with the cheese. Sprinkle the capers on top of the cheese.
4. Bake in the oven for ten minutes. Then turn on the broiler for two minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
5. Pull it out and let it cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!