I had my second interview at work today for the PM position. From what I gleaned, we will now most likely be staying in Austin. One of the PM's that recently went on leave decided not to come back, and so her spot is open and it makes more sense to put me there (assuming they offer me the spot, of course!) than transfer me cross country. I'm a little sad by that, because moving someplace new would have been a grand adventure, but Austin is a fantastic place and I do love it here.
I have to admit, that there is a certain amount of relief in knowing we most likely won't be moving. I don't have to pack up all of our stuff or hire movers or try to hammer out the logistics of it while trying to adjust to a new workload. I don't have to worry about finding a new church, or new doctors, or making new friends, or find a daycare for my daughter in a strange new place.
Of course, they could still decide to transfer us and if so, well, then I'll just suck it up and figure it out! And we're still playing the waiting game.
Michael found out that his Borders will be open for about another week. We knew that it was majorly optimistic to hope for it to stay open into April, and there is the possibility that while the storefront may close, he may still be working for a couple of weeks after that to pack everything up, sell the last of the fixtures, and shut it all down. It sucks, but at least it's a little bit more finite information. Since we will most likely be staying here in Austin, it means that Michael can be looking for a more permanent position in the meantime.
Everything is still in limbo, but I feel resolution coming and I can taste it on the tip of my tongue. It's proof to me that the Big Man is listening. I've been praying for patience and for something, anything to come in the way of relief. While it's nothing with a huge fanfare, it's enough to calm my soul and keep me at peace.
Whatever happens, happens!