I've been a bad girl and fell off the "post something on the family blog at least once a week" wagon. It's been awhile since I've posted anything and I DO plan on posting some more pictures and videos soon, so in the meantime here is a brief update on how everything is going:
- Kelly has a new job! Yay! And it's wonderful. The hours are flexible, my supervisor and boss are awesome, the company is dedicated to true work/life balance, the pay and benefits are great, the work is just up my alley. It's hard to explain what I do, but in a nutshell, I am working for a market research company in the project management department and I am helping them with their financial records and some other stuff. They are going to evaluate my skills and it is possible that I will actually move into project management itself at some point, and the prospect of career development and advancement is really exciting!
- Sybilla has now progressed to sweet peas, green beans, bananas, carrots, sweet potatoes and oatmeal. She's still breastfeeding, but we've upped her solid intake to twice a day and she LOVES them. She especially likes to hold her spoon. We're still working on the sippy cup and will eventually move to other things in the next few weeks. We're trying to encourage a love of veggies first : )
- Now that Kelly and Michael are working full time, we're trying to find day care, which is an exhausting process. It's difficult because apparently, we should have put ourselves on ALL the waiting lists in town the minute we found out we were pregnant. Yes, it's that crazy. Right now, Little S stays with Aunt Kellie or Gigi (Michael's mom) during the day until school starts at which time, we have no idea what we'll do. Say a prayer or cross your fingers that we find a solution soon!
- Sybilla's newest nickname is Scooter as she has started to scoot her way across the floor. We're going to have to get a baby gate this weekend! She is quickly progressing to crawling and we are anticipating full crawl by the time she hits 6 months old.
- Sleep training has NOT been going well. Kellie has convinced me that all of the recent changes are causing the baby lots of stress, so Michael and I now have to come up with Plan B which may involve some temporary co-sleeping until we can get everything ironed out. [sigh]
So that's it! I'll load some pix and videos over the weekend for your perusal. Have a great weekend!
Kelly & the Gang